Sunday, February 17, 2008

Betty's Well

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a blessed Sunday. It is cloudy and rainy here today - a good day to be inside working in my stamping room and not feeling guilty that I am not out enjoying the out of doors!

I made this card for the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast. Today's featured stamper was gbedwright - that's her Split Coast name. What does that mean??! I'll let you know if I find out! Betty is her real first name and you need to check out her gallery - she has lovely cards there! I chose to case this beauty. I made my card smaller than hers - mine is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and I think hers must be at least 5x5. I used a different stamp - mine is a Thomas Kinkade that can be bought at Cornish Heritage Farms. And I used fewer layers and a different designer paper. The colors on mine are all from Stampin Up. I used Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand and the DP is from K&Co. I love this sentiment stamp - a little different than your usual get well verse - and it is from Verses Rubber Stamps. Check them out for all kinds of sentiment stamps for your cards.

I was very interested in using the Lumiere on the cuttlebug panel - this design is called Tiny Mosaic. You can get the Cuttlebug & embossing folders at Michaels or AC Moore - or a lot of places on line - I've bought them at Eclectic Paperie. Ok - so back to the Lumiere - I bought a bottle of Lumiere quite some time ago for a project that I wanted to do. But the project instructions are somewhere deep in my 'to do pile' of papers and I have never even opened the bottle! Lumiere is a white shimmery paint-like substance that you can put directly on paper alone or mix with colors. It gives a wonderful shimmer that I think you can see on the vanilla Cuttlebug panel on my card above. There are probably other ways to use this Lumiere and I'll let you know if I find some!

So after seeing Betty's wonderful card and reading that she used the Lumiere on it - and because it was so softly beautiful - I knew that was the card I wanted to CASE. I punched the hole for my big eyelet with my Cropadial and threaded a piece of bakers twine from Martha Stewart through it. I used Peeled Paint by Ranger and Versafine Vintage Sepia for the inks on this card. On the well - I first inked it with the Vintage Sepia which is the brown and then taped it lightly with the Peeled Paint which is a green. Can you see the hint of green on the image?

I think this would make a great get well card for a male given the colors and lack of 'frills' don't you? Please click on comments below and let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true! great masc. card but even better get well for anyone...that is to say, those colors are well-suited to the sentiment even more than the gender of the recipient. tfs!

Carolyn (snowmanqueen) said...

First of all, I love the TK, but the CB background really caught my eye. Love the look of the Lumiere on the mosaic!