Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Easter Message

Okay - so we are now halfway through the week - only 2 more working days to go to the weekend - Yay! I have some Easter crafts to work on later so I needed to get my card done and loaded early if possible tonight - usually I'm sitting here around 10 pm! And here it is just 7:30 pm.
Today's card was made for the Sketch Challenge on SCS. You can see the Sketch layout just above. I turned it on it's side for my card and I used flowers instead of a star shape - all legal maneuvers in the world of sketch challenges!

And I can't believe that I just got this card done in about 10 minutes! I even had a different idea for the card initially - but once I decided on the main Easter sentiment stamp, which is from Denami Design, it just sort of fell together.
All the papers (accept for the white which is PapertreyInk) are from the SU scrapbook kit called Special Delivery - Girl. The CS colors are Groovy Guava and River Rock and the DP is from the kit too. The papers are etched like Bazzill.
The Flowers are Primas popped up on dimensionals and I used 4 orange brads. (3 in the right corner for the Trinity.) The sentiment is up on dimensionals also.
I didn't use any sponging or distressing because I wanted this to be a clean crisp card with it's wonderful message for Easter!
I'll be back later, after supper, to load up some round cards as I promised yesterday!
Thanks for checking out my blog - I appreciate your coming by and your comments!!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I love Easter--only I like to call it Resurrection Sunday!! That is a fabulous sentiment stamp!

It's funny that I've left so many comments on your blog. I rarely take the time to read blogs because I know I will get sucked in and everything else will be neglected. Feel special, I've NEVER left a comment on anyone's blog before!