Saturday, February 9, 2008

Inspired by Linens

Today's Inspiration Challenge over on Split Coast Stampers was a beautifully linened bed with a view of the ocean in the background. You can find the challenge here:

I immediately thought of this Cosmo Cricket paper as it was similar in design and color. I added the dune grasses along the bottom of the sentiment and the seagull flying along the top of the card to bring in the ocean influence. The card was stamped with a weathered BG stamp using the same ink that I stamped the grasses with.
I had this pretty brad that had all the colors of the DP in it and attached it to the left corner.

I love these inspiration challenges. I never really know what I will create until I'm all done with it - it might be an exact copy or something that was inspired by one little portion of the picture.

This is my very first posting on my new blog - I'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants on this - trying to figure out how I get things posted and linked and edited!! What an adventure! I've been wanting to get into this for a while now - and finally decided to just do it.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think and I hope to see you here again!

Paper - Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla, DP: Cosmo Cricket Halfway Cafe
Ink -Pitch Black:Adirondack,Soft Sage: Memories
Stamps - Sentiment: Verses Rubber Stamps, Dune Grass & seagull: unknown,
Supplies: ticket corner punch, brad, dimensionals.

No comments: