Friday, February 22, 2008

Sign It With a Flourish!

Happy Friday everyone! We are in the midst of a snowstorm here in Massachusetts! My dear husband, Kent, is outside snowblowing while I'm inside making my card! What a guy! Sorry for the glare - the flash reflected off the falling snow.




My card today was made for the Limited supplies challenge on SCS - to use your own handwriting on your card instead of a stamped sentiment. It is also covering Sharon's (NoTimeToStamp) challenge to use flourishes.

First I stamped flourishes on the Blush Blossom card in Pitch black Adirondack ink using a BasicGrey Winterland clear stamp.

I outlined all the flourishes with a French Grey Prismacolor marker to give them some depth.

Next I made an embossed frame on the card using my new Scor Pal to give definition to the edges of the card. I love how this works and it's so easy to use!

I cut a square of Basic Grey Two Scoops/Spumoni DP, framed it in Blue Bayou and mounted it over the flourishes with dimensionals.

To fulfill the challenge - I hand wrote the sentiment with a fine tip micron pen, stamped over it with a little flourish using Memories Soft Grey ink and mounted the two ovals with dimensionals.

To balance the top right corner, I added 2 felt flowers with a small flourish stamped beneath them. I added a gold gem to the center.

I was trying to keep this simple for both challenges - but no card is ever really simple is it?? until you make a second one of the same thing - then it's easy peasy! LOL!!

I'm sure I'll be stamping over the weekend so please drop by - tomorrow is the Inspiration challenge on SCS and I always love to do that.

I'm also going to load up some journals that I have decorated - they are so fun and easy to do!

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Julia, very pretty card, nothing new there. Can't wait to see your journals......Phyllis (whitepuppy mammaw)

Linsey R said...

holy artichokes! Glad to hear your update that the sun is shining on all that snow today! Hope you are all warm and snuggly! have a blessed and stamped-filled day!