Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Double Dare Elegant Wedding

I am part of a group of 9 friends who have connected on Split Coast Stampers and each week one of us issues a Double Dare challenge. This week Joan (Joan Ervin) Double Dared us to make a soft, beautiful, elegant wedding card.

Here is my Double Dare Challenge Wedding Card
I cut the opening on the front of the card with my square nestability. Then I cut a slightly larger scalloped square out of Groovy Guava and cut out the middle with the regular square I used on the card front. I attached the frame over the opening.

I stamped the cake on a white panel attached inside the card and then on a Blush Blossom piece and again on a Groovy Guava piece. I cut the Blush Blossom cake out and layered it onto the white panel using foam dimensionals. Then I cut each layer of frosting out of the Groovy Guava piece and layered that on top of the blush layer, again using dimensionals. This is the paper tole technique that we used in a recent challenge over on split coast (scroll down to my March 31st posting).

I stamped the sentiment "two hearts one love" from the Papertrey Favor It Wedding set, around the frame with Versamark ink - so it's a watermark rather than a color. And I put diamond stickles on the frosting and hearts to add a little sparkle!

Inside the card underneath 'perfect match' I stamped 'forever + ever+ever+ever+ever (Hampton Arts). I hope that doesn't scare the bride and/or groom!!! LOL!!


Here you can see a close up side view of the Paper tole layering of the cut pieces of the cake.

Stamps: Cake: Hampton Arts, Mr&Mrs: wedding day PTI, Perfect Match & Two hearts One Love: Favor It Wedding PTI
Paper: Going Grey, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom, White: PapertreyInk
Ink: Groovy Guava, Pitch Black Adirondack, Versamark watermark Ink
Accessories: oval punches, ribbon, silver thread, nestabilitiy squares, sponge, SU marker, Prismacolor markers, Diamond Stickles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlene (LilLuvsStampin)

I'm glad I popped on by to see the details on this card! This is amazing, Julia! You're such an inspiration to me!

dpkennedy said...

Pretty card! I love the dimension and detail and it's so cute looking through the window!

LeAnne said...

This is so cute & clever! I love it, and I love the color combo.