Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How Sweet Is It? and An Un-Natural Tree

Hi Everyone - Happy Wednesday! Tonight's the Reveal over at PapertreyInk for their new stamps, paper, ribbon and inks for this month - so you should check that out They have a great baby stamp set coming out as well as beautiful new colors of DP and ink - it started at 10 pm EST and the stamps will be revealed at 11 pm EST - Hopefully I can stay awake that long - if not - I'll be checking them out first thing in the AM! I love their stuff - you'll see some of their papers and ribbon on my 2nd card below. You can also look under PapertreyInk on the right side panel index to see all the cards and crafts I've made using their products.

This card was made for the Sketch Challenge at SCS today.

This is the sketch.

I used Prismacolor Markers to color my slice of cake and added Stickles on the frosting and the flame for a little sparkle. I knotted ribbon through a hole punched in the sentiment panel and wrapped it around behind the panel coming up through the hole on the other side and knotting it. The cake panel is up on dimensionals. This cake stamp is part of a set called How Sweet it is sold by Gina K Designs to raise money for diabetes - check it out here.
This is a great sketch - I'll be sure to use it again.
Stamps: Gina K Designs
Paper: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, DP - SU, White - PapertreyInk
Ink: Black Onyx Versafine
Accessories: cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, hole punch, narrow grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, Prismacolor markers: green tea, sky blue light, raspberry, pale vermillion, teal blue, stickles - Orange Peel & Strawberry ice

My 2nd card tonight is for a Double Dare I do every week with a group of friends at SCS. This week I chose the challenge - and it was to make a card with a tree but you could not use any brown or green anywhere on the card.

So - in order to keep me from grabbing any of the forbidden colors - (which is the first thing I do when there are rules it seems!) I went with the monochromatic look - and used Papertrey's Berry Sorbet for everything! The cute jeweled flowers are from www.petaloo.com. You can check out the other peoples challenge cards here. The challenge just started today so everyone has a week to get their cards in.

Thank you so much for stopping by - let me know what you think of my cards - I really appreciate feedback!

Todays Quote from Poor Richard's Almanack by Ben Franklin: "The doors of Wisdom are never shut."

Stamps: Summer Tree: Whispers
Paper: White, Berry Sorbet, Pink Patterns - PapertreyInk
Ink: Berry Sorbet - PTI
Accessories: Berry Sorbet Swiss Dots: PTI, jeweled florettes- Petaloo, dimensionals, Cuttlebug, Swiss Dots Folder

6 comments:

Carolyn (snowmanqueen) said...

Love the colors and the way you added the flowers to the tree! Pretty!!!

Deb Wood said...

These are both really beautiful!!

dpkennedy said...

Great job on both challenges! I love PTI and I haven't even looked at them yet! I need to wait until I have time to really look and place an order! Love what you did with your cards! I hope I can do this sketch tonight. Have a great day!

Deb Neerman said...

Great takes on the challenges! Just beautiful!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, they're both very pretty! I love that Gina K set with the slice of cake...makes me hungry everytime I see it. And.....I LOVE your white tree with primas. FANTASTIC look, Julia!! Love that gorgeous berry color too.

...and of course I don't mind that you added my link on your blog...'cuz I added you last night too, LOL! {smile}

Anonymous said...

This is so lovely!