Sunday, May 11, 2008

Promises of God

Hi, everyone! Hope all the Mother's had a nice Mother's Day and that you got to relax a little today! We had the DH's family over as well as my son and his fiance and everyone brought something towards the dinner so it was easy peasy.

My card today is for the Featured Stamper challenge on Split Coast. I chose this card of Jennifer's (Lovetostamp6) to CASE (copy and selectively edit). Here is the card I made.

I needed some encouragement cards and thought these colors would work well for this type of card. When you case you have to change at least 2 things from the original card - I changed the stamped sentiment to this nice verse from Verses Rubber Stamps but used the same layout and colors and I used punched stars instead of the birds. I don't have the long Nestability rectangles (yet!) so I punched 2 scalloped squares with my Marvy punch and put them together - I've seen this done before on SCS but never tried it myself - it works really well! I put my ribbon over the connecting point of the squares so it doesn't show.

Cutting it a little short tonight - I really want to try and get to bed early for once! but I may make a little stop in my stamping room first!! Thanks so much for sharing some time with me!

Today's thought from Poor Richard's Almanac: "He that's content hath enough. He that complains hath too much."

Stamps: Verses Rubber Stamps
Paper: Soft Sky, Basic Black DP: Soft Sky - SU, White: PaperTreyInk

Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: Stitched Ribbon: PTI Aqua Mist, nestability Stars, star punch, scalloped square punch

3 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful card Julia! Love the long nestie panel you made! That is such a nice sentiment too!

Deb Neerman said...

Love this card, Julia!!

TFS; and thanks for the link-up ... I'm adding you to my blog-roll ASAP!

Hugs & thanks, Deb

LeAnne said...

Oh, I love these colors together, as you can tell by the card I posted today!!! Great job, nice encouraging card!
LeAnne