Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Have Learned the Secret of Living

This is my June Bible Verse submission for the Divine Design Monthly challenge on Splitcoast.



Last month and this month I made mine a frame so I can stand it up on my desk at work or my counter at home where I will see it every day for the month. The idea of the challenge is that you will memorize your verse each month and that way become more familiar with the Bible. I chose this Bible verse because it reminds me to be happy where I am and with what I have. We really already have everything we need if we allow God to be in our lives.


I used 2 coasters and my nestabilities to create this pretty frame. The back piece is covered with My Mind's Eye - Wild Asparagas/Baby Girl Floral and the front scalloped piece is My Mind's Eye - 29th St. Market/Beautiful Blossoms. The verse is computer generated and I overstamped it with a cute flower stamp from Imaginesce.

My cuttlebug will cut through this THIN coaster with the Nestabilities (don't use med or thick coasters). It takes a couple of passes through but works well.

I found this wonderful tutorial for making these here on Amy Rysavy's blog.


There is a kickstand piece on the back so that it stands up or you could put a magnet on the back to attach it to your fridge or file cabinet.
The "blessed" is from the PTI set Papertray and is stamped on a piece of wide twill with Onyx Black Versafine ink. The flowers added in the corners are Jeweled Florettes by Petaloo.



You can see my June Bible Verse frame here and my 4x4 Bible verse cards here.

Thanks so much for spending part of your day with me today!

Stamps: flower: Imaginesce, Seniment: PTI Papertray
Paper: 2 thin chipboard coasters, DP: My Minds Eye
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Ruby Red
Accessories: wide twill, corner rounder punch, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, Nestability squares, Scor pal, Jeweled florettes by Petaloo

5 comments:

Linsey R said...

I absolutely adore this, Julia! What a most beautiful job you did--this is very special and shoud be cherished and honored everyday. It's such a comforting and wonderful gift too. I love it! thank you sharing it today! hugs!

LeAnne said...

Very nice! I was reading Psalms yesterday and found a verse I would like to use on a card...perhaps you have inspired me (again)!
LeAnne

Emma Fewkes said...

Julia, this is just beautiful. I love your verse and also the gorgeous frame. Even the back is wonderful!
Thank you for your support, in honour of this, I've nominated you for the Artey Pico award. Go to my blog to see your nomination!

Deb Wood said...

Very beautiful, love the frame and the message, so meaningful!!

Anonymous said...

I just love this! I could stand to have it right here on my desk to keep my attitude in check sometimes! I keep Phil 4:6 posted at all times.