Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm Coco-Nuts About YOU!

This is another card using the newly released Artful INKables set called Paradise Island. You can buy this set today! And as an added bonus - Kristin is offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $35.00 through the month of August!


I'm excited to say that I was the one who suggested to Kristin that this sentiment might be fun to go with this set!!! and she agreed and had it made up! Yikes - how fun is that!!! Kristin always asks us INK Girls (the Design Team!) for our input and she does value our opinions!


So - on this card - I first stamped the coconut tree on the card stock and colored it in with re-inkers and my aquapainter. Then I stamped the image again on a white scrap - colored just the leaves - cut out some of them and layered them over the original image using foam dimensionals. This gave it a fun 3 dimensional look don't you think?? Then I added the dew drops to look like - well....... actual dew drops on the leaves ....... as if this tropical island had just had a refreshing rain fall!
The sentiment was cut with a Spellbinders Tag Trio die and popped up on foam dimensionals. I stamped the separate leaf stamp that is in this set - colored it and attached it on the side of the tag.

To finish it all off and add a little bright color - I tied this fun ribbon from Michaels around the top.

Stamps: Paradise Island - Artful INKables

Paper: White - PapertreyInk

Ink: Onyx black versafine, River rock, Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, Going Grey, Apricot Appeal - Stampin Up

Supplies: Ribbon - Michaels, foam dimensionals, aquapainter, dew drops, spellbinders tag trio, cuttlebug.

8 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

This is too, too cute! Your painting is wonderful- you are a whiz at the aquapainter and re-inkers! Love that bright splash of ribbon, too!

~amy~ said...

What a super fun card Julia!!! How FABulous that is was YOU to come up with the *FUN* sentiment!!!

Susan said...

I see the midnight oil was burning on this nutty card, Julia!!! I love the dimension and the shadowing you created with the makers and the popping.

What fun to know your input is HEARD!

Kisa Peters said...

Super cute card! I love the sentiment! Great coloring!

dpkennedy said...

This is so cute! I love the dew drops on the leaves and that is a great sentiment!!

K said...

I LOVE this card! The leaves just pop off the page and the ribbon is perfect.

Deb Wood said...

Very cute, love the sentiment and the ribbon is fabulous. The 3d is a great touch it adds a lot of dimension!

pammyrn said...

This is just adorable. Love your coloring.

Hugs Pam