Monday, March 23, 2009

The Almighty and a Friend

I finally got to making my 6x6 page for Challenge 6 of Patter's His Holy Name Challenge The attribute of God this week is ALMIGHTY.I seem to gravitate towards the verses that speak about God as the creator and ruler of our world - and I chose Amos 4:13 to illustrate Almighty. These verses bring a vibrant picture to mind which makes it easier for me to make a card depicting it.

My scene this week is a little whimsical using the fun Doodle Factory country background stamp - I paper pieced the moutains and fields - the 'snow' capped mountains and clouds are puffed with liquid applique. The sun, butterfly, flower and almighty tag are all up on foam dimensionals. I made the black borders using an EK Success scalloped punch.

Stamps: Starving Artists Doodle Factory Background stamp, Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: Aqua Mist & Bitty Dots Basics: PTI, Green DP: SU
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black: Tsukeniko, Aqua Mist: PTI
Accessories: EK success scallop punch, liquid applique, martha stewart butterfly & flower punches, copics, word window punch: SU, avery label, computer generated verse, gem stones: Hero Arts, foam dimensionals



My next card was for the Clean and Simple challenge on Split Coast - to use punches but keep everything to a minimum leaving lots of open space.I used the flower and fern Martha Stewart punches, a vintage button from Papertrey Ink, one stamp from the Friends till the End Papertrey Ink set and a Hero Arts gem!

Ok - I'm off to bed - trying to catch up on some sleep after a busy weekend!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink : Friends till the end
Paper: white, ripe avocado, raspberry fizz: PTI
Ink: Ripe Avocado: PTI
Accessories: vintage button: PTI, Martha Stewart bakers thread, Flower punch and fern punch

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! They are both fantasitic!! I especially love the all paper piecing of the scene! Thank you for sharing your talent, Julia!

Anonymous said...

WOW Julia!! Both of these are awesome!! Love the details on the first and the clean simple look of the second one! :) How fun!

Amy Rohl said...

Hi Julia!

I love the clean and simple card--great colors! Your mountain scene is adorable and what a great use of your patterned paper!

I've been having so much fun with the images you sent--you are a dear!
Thank you so much!

dpkennedy said...

I love the first card! The wonderful scene you created to go with the verse is adorable! The CAS card is really pretty too...love those CAS cards!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

These two are such different projects! I love the paper piecing o the 6x6!! The CAS card is lovely! The punched branches with the flower give it so much definition!! Awesome job on both!!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Hey Julia. It was so so nice meeting you (and hubby) this weekend at SNE. Friday night was alot of fun with lots of laughs. I just LOVE your CAS card. So beautiful!!

debb said...

Beautiful cards! I am very impressed with the friend card- I love all the white space! BUT I never can do it! yours is wonderful. debb

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous make, I love the scene you have out together. Kim

Kristine said...

Gorgeous cards!! I especially love the scene on that first one. I really wish I had more verse stamps--or ANY! Some day I'm gonna splurge and get some. Love it! ☺

Unknown said...

so so pretty., love it!
great job.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE these Julia! That CAS card is a STUNNER for sure!

Donna Baker said...

I LOVE your Scripture page - it's so awesome! also your friend CAS is fabulous...LOVE all that white space!