Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tee for my Sister

Don't you love this little tee shirt stamp??? I got this set from Gina K - over a year ago I think - and this is the first time I've inked it up - so you can see that I'm still working on my New Year's resolution - to USE MY STAMPS!! not just admire them on my shelves!!!

I used today's sketch challenge on Split Coast for my card design and the Doubledog Dare Challenge from Joan Ervin this week was to make a Mother's Day card with an article of clothing on it.

This card will be for my sister, Marcia - since we lost our dear mother, Margaret, 7 years ago (at the ripe old age of 89 - so she had a good long life! - love you mum!) and obviously the Tee shirt stamp is my article of clothing. The sentiments are Papertrey Ink from the Women of Life set. I just got my Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper today - so I whipped it right out to use on this card.

I did a little piercing on the scalloped circle and added some bling from Amuse to the shirt - what's a T shirt without bling?!?!? LOL!

You are cordially invited to join along in our Doubledog Dare weekly challenges - just use the Keyword DDC when you load your card in your Split Coast gallery. You can see all the Doubledog Dare cards here.

I'm rushing off again tonight - I haven't been getting to bed until midnight the last few nights - and when you have to get up at 5:30 am for work - that's not good (!) - so I'm trying to get to bed by 10:30 tonight - we'll see if I make it!

Stamps: Gina K: Little Tee's, Women of Life: PTI
Paper: Vintage cream: PTI, Kiwi Kiss: SU, DP Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday - Sunday
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black - Tsukeniko, Ocean Tides: PTI
Accessories: Foam dimensionals, cuttlebug, Stylized flowers folder, ocean tides twill ribbon : PTI, scallop circle punch, SU, Scalloped edge punch: EK success, red brad, paper piercer

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

What a super Card Julia...your sister will love it!!

Anonymous said...

So very sweet!! Love the yummy papers and the pretty border!!

Kristine said...

Hi again :) What a perfect stamp set for a "sister" Mother's Day card!! Wish I had something like that for my sis. I'll find something in my stash I'm sure. Love your DPs and colors!!

Julie said...

Beautiful, Julia! Love that fun t-shirt stamp! Your sister will LOVE this! :)

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors and the floral dp!

Ann Kranitz said...

So glad you got to ink up this stamp. This card is great!!

Donna Baker said...

great shirt! bet your sister will love it (this is one of my favorite Gina K sets - I get so much use out of it!)