Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Follies Theater Card

I wanted to share a Theater Stage card that I made for my friend, Bill, at work. His friend had just been in a production of The Follies in London (May 2009) and he wanted to send a congratulations card. Bill found a copy of the poster for the play on line - so I sized it down to fit on my 'stage' below.

You can find the template for a circus tent card on Melyssa's blog. I just altered it a little bit to make it a theater stage. Basically I made the stage square and cut the top straight across instead of pointed like a tent.


Here is the inside of my card. I used two velcro tabs on the top corners to hold the card shut. I used brown lined designer paper for the bottom half to look like a stage floor. The image is a computer clip art from Microsoft Word and the sentimtent is computer generated.


Bill's friend was thrilled to receive this personalized card that documents his part in the Follies - and he has it proudly displayed on his mantel. It certainly is a one of a kind card! You can see another Theater card I made for my girlfriend's daughter's graduation here.

Thanks for coming by to visit today! It's a beautiful hot sunny day and we're off to go kayaking on the lake! I'll hopefully have some pics to share later!

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

Julia, your card is sooooo super creative! Perfect-o!!! Great job!!

Jenn said...

Julia this card is just awesome!! I love it! Thanks for the template link :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

How creative. What an exceptional and perfect congratulations!

Crystal said...

WOW WOW WOW Julia, HOW CREATIVE and FANTASTIC!!! LOVE how you did the front, looks just like a theater curtain. and the inside PERFECT!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow lady!! What a brilliant card!! So well put together and what a very clever idea!! I love this!! TFS!! :) HUGS

dpkennedy said...

GASP! This is fantastic! What a gorgeous stage/curtain design and shrinking the poster was brilliant! Awesome card!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Julia, this theater card is fabulous! You are so creative!!

Susan said...

I remember your other theater card and I was enchanted with it! This time you have used my very favorite and oh so hoarded papers. LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for the link. Girl, you do good work!!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Now how cool is this, Julia....soooo AWESOME!!!! You always manage to make the perfect card for every occasion!!!! Your friends friend will just love it, for sure!!!

Cheryl said...

Wonderfully creative and personal! Bet he loved it! Hope you're having a relaxing vacation!

Bev J. said...

What a wonderful, creative card for the event. tfs

Zgirl said...

Wow!! Love this card.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.