Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Embellish Color Label Challenge!

Finally! Here's my card for the Embellish Magazine Labels Color challenge. I've had this challenge printed out and sitting on my work table for a week or so and the deadline is 6/17 so I suddenly realized I'd better get my card made! Not only is the challenge from the beautiful new on line magazine - Embellish - but this month Waltzingmouse Stamps is sponsoring the challenge!

So the challenge is:
1) Use the colors yellow, brown and coral
2) create a label to highlight an image or sentiment.

My stamps are all WMS - the label is from Very Vintage Christmas and the sentiment it highlights is from Fancy Phrases. I embossed the card with the Textile Cuttlebug folder and punched the edge with a Martha Stewart punch. I sponged the sentiment oval before taking it out of the Nestability I cut it with. I layered it over the label with foam dimensionals.

I put a big eyelet on the end of the tag and the beautiful silk ribbon is tied through it and around the punched panel.

You can check out all the lovely challenge cards here. And you can add your own creation to Mr Linky if you get it done before 6/17/10 at 11:59 pm EST!!!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Very Vintage Christmas, Fancy Phrases
Paper: White, lemon tart, dark chocolate - PTI, Cameo Coral - SU
Ink: Dark chocolate - PTI, so saffron, cameo coral - SU
Accessories: Oval nestability, sponge, silk ribbon - May Arts/Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, foam dimensionals, heart bling - Amuse, textile cuttlebug folder, martha stewart punch, jumbo eyelet - SU, cropadile.

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous work julia...lovin' that big beautiful bow!

Unknown said...

It's been forever since i have been by but your work is as stunning as ever. I love the colors.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the colour challenge, I love your balance of colours, and of course looks great using your rodents!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful, Julia!!

Joanne Travis said...

This is such a gorgeous creation, I really love that big perfect bow!

Dee in N.H. said...

Very, very pretty! Love your cards! And I think you need to come make all my bows for me!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Julia look at that BOW...Beautiful!

Peggy said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the embossed background and the color placement is perfection!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful bow!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Julia,
What a GREAT card! I love everything - the colors, the sentiment all framed out, and the bow (of course). Excellent!

Betty Wright said...

Just beautiful, Julia! Everytime I see these WMS I so want some! Fabulously done!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What fabulous texture, and what a lovely arrangement, Julia!! Very beautiful with that big floppy soft bow!

Lynne Phelps said...

That Christmas set really is year-round, isn't it!! Love the layering of pattern on texture, lovely!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Julia. Love the colors and that label image. :o)

Bonnie McLain said...

GREAT COLORS!!!!!
Great Textures
Great Bow...
Hey that means it is a GREAT CARD... 100% GREAT Love it Julia...

Unknown said...

Oh drool! Gorgeous Julia!

Maile Belles said...

Simply gorgeous, love that big bow! So glad you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Charlene Austin said...

Wonderful card Julia! As always of course!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE all your texture and detail and that bow is the icing on the cake!!!