Saturday, July 31, 2010

Speedy the Cats' Friends Challenge #14 - Thank you!

Welcome to another Speedy the Cats' Friends Challenge! This week Vicki challenged us to make a 'thank you' card.

I chose to use the sentiment 'Blessings' to convey my thanks on my card. These pretty stamps are from a new set being released mid-August by Marks' Finest Papers called Tweet Blessings.

I thought this Basic Grey DP matched the flowered bird perfectly! I colored the flowers on the bird with Copics, cut it out and layered it over the DP. I sponged all the edges 9on bird, sentiment and DP) with Ranger Distress Tea Dye ink and curled up the corners a little bit on the DP.

The sentiment is cut with a small oval punch and framed in a Labels 10 Nestability die cut. I added a few black gems on the bird, the corner and the sentiment.

The stamps, the lime and pink card stock, the ribbon and charm are all from Marks' Finest Papers.

So come on over to Marks Finest Papers Blog and link your Thank You card there. You could win an MFP stamp set!!

If you load your card on Split Coast please use Speedys Friends in your keywords.

Thanks for stopping by today on your busy Saturday - I really appreciate it!

Stamps: Marks Finest Papers - Tweet Blessings (to be released mid-August)
Paper: Pink, Lime - MFP, white - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pink Passion - SU, Ranger Distress - Tea Dye
Accessories: Foam dimensionals, copics - FV02, YG13, Charm & Ribbon - MFP, small oval punch - SU, Labels 10 Nestabilities.

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Really lovely card, love the bright pink and green combo and the curled edges, and love the little twig charm.

Liz Williams said...

This is a gorgeous card. Love that bird in that pretty pink. I have enjoyed so much being a part of this team for the past 3 months and working with you. I will remain a faithful follower.

Peggy said...

I love the pink bird! Such a pretty and fun card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Julia - what a fun pink bird! Another successful creation!

Joanne Travis said...

This is really gorgeous, Julia!! The papers are so lovely with the bird and I love the pink and green.

Claudine Poch said...

This is beautiful! The paper matches perfectly.

Carol L said...

I really like that cute bird image and the pretty pink color! The sentiment panel is so cool the way you did it with the charm!! Your new photo is great too!

Glenda J said...

Gorgeous! Great work!