Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Embrace Your Dreams in Color!

Karen Barber was our fearless Color Challenge hostess this week over on Split Coast and boy - did she pick 'challenging' colors! Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, and the kicker - Not Quite Navy. I had a lot of trouble working the dark color into my design!

After tearing up several attempts (!) I finally got to something I ending up liking - a very CAS design using a single frond that I stamped three times in two of the challenge colors (orange and yellow) I used Scattered Straw to sponge all the edges.

I got the blue into my card with the ribbon (which also covers the dessert option even though it's not WIDE ribbon!) as well as the framing panel.

I adhered a strip of pretty lace under the beribboned sentiment.

I find color challenges to be the hardest for me - I'll take a sketch challenge any day!

Stamps: Rubbernecker: Floral Silhouettes #467
Paper: White - PTI, Blue - Coordinations
Ink: Ranger Distress - Spiced Marmelade, Mustard Seed, Chipped Sapphire, Scattered Straw.
Accessories: Lace - Mark's Finest Papers, Wrinkled Seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, foam tape, ribbon tag trio - Spellbinders, Blending tool & non stick craft mat - Ranger

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Julia, this is so gorgeous!! LOVE the seam binding ribbon and colors!! ;)

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS girlie! I LOVE these colors together!!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is fabulous - you would never know that you found the colour challenge - challenging!! :))

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEEE Julia LOVE this color combo..so striking and beautiful!

Bev Gerard said...

You really know how to tug at my heart, Julia. I'm a lifelong lover of foliage. Fab card and great play with the color challenge this week.

Stay warm up there!

~Bev

Dee in N.H. said...

OMGosh! That is beautiful! I love the way you made those colors be so perfect together!

Joanne (jojot) said...

such a classy ferns card

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh, Julia, this is stunning. You did such a fab job with these colors!

Bev J. said...

Wonderful use of the colors-like the fern image-pretty card.

Betty Wright said...

Julia, this is fantastic and a perfect blend to the wonderful colors! Beautifully done!

Wanda Cullen said...

Lovely use of these colors...and yes...they were definitely challenging! I need to get out my old SU fern set...sometimes I forget what I have until others remind me.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Gorgeous use of colour Julia, well done to you!