Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Three Colors of Sympathy

Betty Wright has invited me to host some of theTuesday color challenges over on Split Coast for the next three months and today was my first time! Whoo hoo!! Boy - it's tricky choosing colors that haven't been done before!! And, of course, you want to pick colors people want to use while still being challenged!

So - for my first shot out of the gate I chose 3 neutral colors - white, basic gray, and river rock. There's also a 'dessert option' that goes with the challenge - something extra you can do on your card if you want to - I chose using a background stamp as my dessert option this week.

First, I dry embossed a square Nestability frame on the card. You can see my tutorial on how to do this here.

I stamped the background text across the River Rock panel and adhered it to a gray panel. Then I adhered the panels inside the frame. Next, I stamped the label, sentiment and scrolly and cut it with a Labels 10 Nestability. I adhered the label to the text panel using foam tape and added one little jewel to the scroll.

So what do you think of the 3 colors I chose??? Let me know if you make a card using them!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Text It, Asian Garden Additions, Very Vintage Labels No. 10
Paper: River Rock, Basic Gray - SU, White - PTI
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Accessories: Labels 10 and square Nestabilities, foam tape, gem - Michaels.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

Great sympathy card Julia, the colours are a fabulous combo, just right for a soothing card - I'm in the mood for a bit of soothing and I think I may pull out my Asian Gardens set for this one although I'll have to improvise on the colours somewhat!

lin_ka1 said...

Very, very clever. Excellent execution

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julia.

Hugs Riet.x

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is a very elegant sympathy card. The colours are perfect - soothing and sympathetic!