Saturday, April 16, 2011

Which Came First? The Carrot or the Duck???

Those of you who know me or visit here frequently - know I'm often making seasonal crafts to sell at my church.  Today I wanted to share a couple of little treats I made for our Easter Sale.

First off are these fun stubby carrots -  I think I make these every year -  they are just so cute they make me laugh just to see them!!    Each year I stamp them up a little differently!  I fill them with chocolate eggs and a little basket shred.
You can find the template for them on Split Coast - here.  (ETA I fixed the link - sorry!)  The Easter sentiment is from WMS Spring Baskets and the dots background is from PTI Polka Dot Basics  Just click on any pic to see it larger.

I always make at least 6 of everything when I make them for a sale - so here are my 6 stubby carrots in a basket!  I used wrinkled seam tape for the 'carrot tops'.

Then I made some little duck treat holders - that I also found on Split Coast here.  I used the duckling pattern.

I added punched circle eyes and sponged their bodies and beaks to give them a little dimension.  I also stamped Easter sentiments on both wings from WMS Spring Baskets.

If you'd like to see other Easter Projects I've posted on my blog over the years  - click here!

Thanks so much for coming by today!  And Happy Easter for those who celebrate.

Hope you can stop by again tomorrow -  I'll have yet another Easter Craft to show you for the Friends of WMS Blog Waltz!

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

What fun projects Julia! Love the polka dot carrot and the duck is darling!

wolffman said...

Thanks for sharing, but your link to the carrot box template doesn't work. Would you mind reposting the link I would love to make them.
Thanks Nancy

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE these!!!! tfs!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh my, they are super adorable,you are so creative!!!!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

These projects are simply ducky! HA!....so creative and fun.

Esther Asbury said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Francie G. said...

These are just too cute, Julia! I think it is fabulous that you do this for your church! Ummmmm, I think the carrot came first! lol

Mary Marsh said...

I love these projects julia-hope the sale went well for you

Wanda Cullen said...

How fortunate for your church that they've got your talented creations to sell! These are too adorable!