Tuesday, May 31, 2011

3 Fish, a Worm and a Butterfly!


I made this card for last Tuesday's Teapot Tuesday challenge at Split Coast -we were to bring along some fish - the more the merrier!!

So I brought three fish with me (aren't these guys hilarious!?) - as well as a very nervous worm on a hook! (well, actually, he is the bait! but don't tell him!)

My stamps are How About Lunch and Luncheon Meat from  Rubbernecker

Stamps: Rubbernecker - How about Lunch #86-18, Luncheon Meat - #86-17
Paper: white, true black - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Weathered wood
Accessories: Silver Spica Pen, foam tape, blending tool & nonstick craft mat - Ranger, Glossy Accents - Ranger, trio labels - Spellbinders, Copics: Y13, Y17, Bo5, BG13, BG18, BG31, YR07, E33

My 2nd card was made for the Featured Stamper challenge at Split Coast, Rosemary (RosiGrld) was the FS and  I chose to case her Jewel Butterfly card  to case.

I used different stamps and colors and placed my butterfly up higher on my card - inside a Lacey Square Nestability embossed frame still keeping it pretty clean and simple!

These stamps are from the set called Butterflies are Free by  Rubbernecker

I hope you can stop by tomorrow - It's the 1st day of the 4 day Waltzingmouse SoAP (Stamp of Approval Parade)!  Get ready for some inspiring ways to use the WMS May Release stamp sets you purchased!

Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Butterflies are Free #538
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Spiced Marmelade
Accessories:  foam tape, lacey sqaures Nestabilities, Rhinestone - Kaiser

8 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Cute fish and gorgeous butterfly.

Peggy said...

Too cute!!

Unknown said...

Bellissima la cartolina dei pesci!! Mi piacciono tanto i colori che hai usato!!
Spero che mi manderai molte altre tue opere fatte!! Bye Silvia

velta said...

Oh Julia ~ The first card is sooo cute it made me smile...the second card is elegant to the max!!! I am right now going to try and figure out how you embossed that square with the nestabilities...I think you showed us once before...TFS!!

velta said...

I found your instructions...Thanks!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

beautiful cards...the first one really made me grin...so happy

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia,

I love your cards - the fish card is hilarious and the butterfly card is so elegant (pretty opposite if you ask me!). Every time you do an embossed die like the butterfly one, I get inspired to try it again. I loved your tutorial a few months ago and I will go look at it again to see if perhaps you tell me what kind of paper you use (my paper seems to crack or simply cut right through when I try this trick)?

Hugs!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the CAS BFly card, but the fish totally cracked me up, well done you!