Thursday, April 26, 2012

WMSC94 Merci - Twice

Hi stampers!  I have two cards to share with you - both using this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch
So here's my story about the two cards -  I was making my card for the Color Challenge over at Split Coast and the colors were Pool Party, More Mustard and Early Espresso.   Somehow I pulled out Island Indigo instead of Pool Party and made this card using the WMS sketch.   When I was completely finished and writing up what I used on my card -  I realized I had used the wrong blue!!  There was no way to rip it apart and change the blue to Pool Party!

On this card the caning background is from Heirloom Patterns, the border stamped on the blue panel is from French Country, the circle stamping is from Vintage Circles Small and the floral stem and Merci are from Paris Nouveau.
So then I made this card using the correct Pool Party Blue!
 How much lighter the card looks using this blue!  All the stamps on this version are from Paris Nouveau.
 
Tonight I'm heading out to Manchester, NH with my stamping buddy Anne (jdmommy on SCS).  We're going to be working the Rubbernecker Booth at the Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention on Friday and Saturday.   If you're by any chance going to be there -   come over and say hello!


11 comments:

-Aneta- said...

Beautiful cards and perfect colours !!! :)-Aneta-

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are amazing Julia! Absolutely love the colors you've used ant the stamping is perfect!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Julia - Amazing how you used the same color combo and the same stamps but achieved two totally different looks on both cards. Love your fancy stamping on the background of the second one and the little bit of bling on the first!!

Kelly S. said...

ACK, so cool! Just giving me the warm and fuzzies. My fave is the first one with the golden undertones and the perfectly stamped cane background...love the image tucked in the scalloped circle!

Pauline said...

Ooh, I love them both Julia! Fab colours, and I love the patterns on both!

maria f. said...

Wow. What a difference a blue makes! That is definitely a pop on the second card but I like the warm, cozy feel of the first one. Maybe it's the BG stamp I really like too...

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Julia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Joan Ervin said...

Both cards are beautiful, Julia...love all the WM stamps you used and both blues look great!!!

tina said...

Hi Julia!

I thought you looked familiar...I saw you at the convention today. You demoed the basket set. Anyways, I was the one that asked what color was close to kraft...frayed burlap was it :)

CCC said...

Julia-it was so great to see you at the CKC Convention. You look great and are always so nice. Hugs, Connie

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Julia! Love the pretty colors and all the layers!