Monday, June 11, 2012

Goosebumps!

Here's a card I made for the Ways to Use It challenge over on Split Coast a few weeks ago - to use complementing or opposite colors on the color spectrum wheel.

I chose Blue and Orange (although I ended up with a little green where the colors blended!)

I die cut a Labels 16 Nestability from cardstock and used the outside piece as a mask. I placed the mask over my card and I stamped my bud trees with Shimmer Goosebumps Texture  Spray using the Texture Spray Resist technique Beate taught us in the Resources section of SCS.  I was so happy to see Beate's tutorial as I had bought this bottle of Goosebumps stuff but didn't really know what to do with it!!

So - I sprayed the Goosebumps on a Blending tool sponge and dabbed it on the the Bud Trees stamp (washing the stamp off immediately after stamping) and used my hot gun to dry the stamping so I could then sponge over it (still having the mask on my card).  I sponged with Ranger Distress Wild Honey and Chipped Sapphire. And the ink didn't cover where the Goosebumps inked image was (like emboss/resist) - this is really shimmery IRL but it doesn't show in my pic.  Then I just added my punched butterflies and 1 little rhinestone.

The Bud Tree stamp is from Rubbernecker

I'm really loving the orange/blue combination lately!

Thanks for coming by today!

Stamps: Rubbernecker - Bud Tree Set #505  
Paper: White - PTI  
Ink: Ranger Distress - Wild Honey & Chipped Sapphire  
Accessories: Labels 16 Nestability for mask, blending tool, Goosebumps Shimmer Texture Spray - Tsukineko, Rhinestone- Kaiser, Butterfly Punch - Martha Stewart

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this looks amazing....love it

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous Julia! Love how you used the die cut negative for a mask and your colors are beautiful!

Jeanne J. said...

Julia, your card is beautiful. I haven't tried the goosebumps yet - looks fab here - the colors do all the talking! Sometimes it is so hard to get opposites together, but you made a real beauty here!

Ellen Taylor said...

Awesome background JUlia Love the orange and blue~Big impact!