Friday, December 14, 2012

Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas - Tag #12!!

Whoo hoo!!  I've finished all 12 of Ellen Hutson's 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist!

Tag #12 was designed by Ellen Hutson herself.  It has 3 cute curvy Christmas trees made out of layered tissue paper and she thought it looked like something from Whooville from the Grinch.by Dr. Seuss.

Here's my rendition of her tag: I didn't have the supplies for the technique Ellen used on her tag base, so instead, I clear embossed the tag with Yonder Star Backgrounder by Waltzingmouse.  Then I sponged the whole tag with Victorian Velvet Ranger Distress Ink.
I didn't have the curvy tree die Ellen used so I used my Small Snow Covered Stacker Tree die.  I used 3 colors of tissue paper on each tree - alternating the colors with each die cut layer.  I adhered the layers over each other using foam tape.  I think my trees look like something out of Whooville too!  Very whimsicle with the mixed colors.
I made the tassles out of tissue paper using my Fringe Border Die from Memory Box.  I added this sentiment from Around Christmastime by WMS punching it with a 2" circle punch.
I also added this fun sentiment at the bottom along with a die cut arrow.
The arrow points to the back of the tag -  where the recipient will find....... a gift card tucked inside a little pocket!
Wouldn't this be a fun thing to find hanging on the tree Christmas morning!?!

Well -  this finishes the 12 Days of Christmas Tags -  It was so much fun seeing a new tag each day and then figuring out how to recreate it with the supplies I had in my craft room.   I'm so glad I did them this year -  and at the same time I'm glad I'm done!  Now to move on to other preparations for Christmas - like decorating, baking and wrapping presents!!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star Backgrounder, Around Christmastime
Paper:  White, Royal Violet DP Textstyle Polka Dot Parade - PTI, Stripe DP - Miss Caroline My Mind's Eye Paper Pack, Green, Purple & Pink Tissue paper.
Ink:  Ranger Distress Victorian Velvet and Seedless Preserves.
Accessories:  Circle punch - Fiskars, large oval punch - SU, foam tape, ScorTape, Fringe border die - Memory Box, Arrow die - Lead the Way MFT Dienamics, Pink sorbet twine - The Twinery, small snow covered stacker tree die - Dee's Distinctively.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Julia these are gorgeous I love them such beautiful colours. Caroline xxx

ursula Uphof said...

Julia, love your versions of the tags, they are really great. Ursula xxx

Joyce said...

What a beautiful tag. Sounds like a fun challenge, too. I like how you have also made it into a gift holder.

Deborah Frings said...

Super tags! Love the lacey looking Christmas trees!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty tags Julia! I'm lovin' that layered tree!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful tags! I love your pretty tissue trees..... What a great idea! I m going to pop on over to EH . Hope you have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks , I have just been looking for info approximately this topic for a long time
and yours is the best I've found out till now. However, what about the bottom

line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?
Also see my web page > relevant website