Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reindeer Joy

Hi Everyone!  happy Saturday -  I'm home all day today - getting some Christmas baking time in, a little cleaning up and of course - Stamping!

I made this card for the Inspiration Challenge over on Split Coast today -  Steph had a fun retro web store for us to check out - House 8810  I was inspired by this fun plastic reindeer ornament
And here is my card.  I purchased this pretty reindeer die last year after doing the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas - but then never took it out to use it!  I immediately thought of it when I saw the reindeer ornament for the challenge.  The Joy to the World is also a Tim Holtz Sizzlit die.
I wanted to put a wreath around his neck and tried to think if I had a wreath stamp that size I could use - then I thought of using the smallest pinking circle Nestability (which I can't find in any on line store to link to -so maybe they discontinued them??)  and punching out the center. It worked perfectly!

I cut a slit in the wreath so I could slip it around the neck and taped it on the back. I adhered the deer to the card with foam tape and added the red gems to the wreath and the black tiny twinkle for his eye.


I'm also entering this in these challenges:

Raise the Bar Challenge #124 - snow
Do You Stack Up Challenge #102 - Christmas

Thanks so much for stopping by - I hope you are enjoying your weekend

And I'd like to offer a prayer to all the families in Newtown, CT where there was a terrible shooting at an elementary school yesterday.  

Stamps: none!
Paper: white - PTI, Gumball Green - SU, DP DCWV the Christmas Stack
Ink: none
Accessories: 5/8" circle punch, pinked circle Nestabilities, foam tape, reindeer die - Reindeer Flight/Tim Holtz Alterations, Joy to the World die - Stacked Words Christmas Sizzlits- Tim Holtz Alterations, black tiny twinkles - Taylored Expressions, red gems - Aornit Gems

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Julia this is gorgeous I love the deer and the design is beautiful. Caroline xxx

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty, Julia...the reindeer die cut looks great in white and the wreath you made looks wonderful around his neck...beautifully done, gf!!!!

Jeanne J. said...

Julia, beautiful card! I love that pretty reindeer silhouette you created!

Annette Allen said...

wow Julia this is gorgeous.. I was just checking out this reindeer at Joann's today.. this is a gorgeous card.

Georgiana said...

Loving that reindeer cut and the wreath is perfect around his neck.

Happy Holidays,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Anonymous said...

Really adorable take on the photo!! Love the reindeer die cut with the wreath added!! HUGS :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Julia,
Fabulous tag - the wreath really makes the deer! I was looking at it thinking "how did she get it over the reindeer's head" when you answered my question! You are so smart!

Hugs!!

Thanh Vo said...

Great take on the inspiation! Thanks for joining us this week at Raise the Bar, Julia.