Friday, March 15, 2013

Monochromatic Muse Sketch

I've just finished a card for 3 lovely challenges:

Jingle Belles - Use only neutral colors

CAS(E) this sketch
 and a new challenge I just found  - Muse Challenge
where we are to be inspired by this card:
And here are the three challenges all rolled up into my one card!   I used tans for my neutrals - Vintage Cream Cardstock with Frayed Burlap and Old Paper Distress for inks.  I made my background with an Aspen Tree Stencil that I sponged with the Old Paper Ink.  The window die is the Small Madison Window that I popped up over the background with foam dots and I punched the sentiment with the Modern Label punch by SU.
 The Muse challenge ends tomorrow so I'm going to hurry up and post this so I can link it up  - don't want to miss it like my project on yesterday's post!!

ETA:   I'm also entering this into the Little Red Wagon challenge I just found - to use a window!

Thanks so much for stopping by -  have a great weekend everyone!!

Stamps:  Merry Christmas from Nordic Winter - Waltzingmouse
Paper:  Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink:  Ranger Distress Old Paper and Frayed Burlap
Accessories:  Small Madison Window Die - Poppy Stamps, foam dots, Aspen Tree Stencil - The Crafters Workshop, modern label punch - SU

30 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is lovely! A great combination of challenges too!

SmilynStef said...

Love your gorgeous neutral design ... and what a fabulous take on The Muse Inspiration ... always thrilled to see you join us at jingle belles.

Sue Wieberg said...

Lovely card. I adore the window and the tree branches.

Cyndie said...

I was just checking out J.Belles for inspiration and saw your card, it is extraordinary...I love everything about it. Someone will really enjoy getting this one for Christmas.

Annette Allen said...

wow you have such great style.. i love these cards..very pretty

Greta said...

Wonderfully creative--fabulous card!

sandie said...

This really is fabulous, live the colour and such an original take on the Muse card

Lyndal said...

FABulous card Julie - LOVE your monochromatic card, just gorgeous.
It would fit right in to this weeks Little Red Wagon "Window" Challenge too :)
http://lilredwagon.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/challenge-176-window.html

Neets B said...

The stencilling is great, love your interpretation of this week's Muse :)

Riet said...

So gorgeous cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ... fabulous background, fabulous take on the muse card! Anita (in France) :)

lauren bergold said...

do you know, i HAVE that aspen stencil, and am now thoroughly kicking myself that i've never thought to do THIS with it! (not to fear, i shall be "stealing" your awesome idea in future!!!) this is beyond fabulous, really a stunningly beautiful, simple, and perfect design! (how do *I* get on your xmas card list, lol?!) thanks for joining us at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ it's always a pleasure! :)

Dianne said...

Stunning creation Julie
the tree paper with the window great idea, I love it, thanks for sharing and hope your having a great weekend...

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic Julia, I so love the window die and the birch trees in the background are wonderful.

Ardyth said...

Beautiful classic image in a very serene colour! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Kelly S. said...

Running comment tests, hee! It seems that my Pinterest button (which I have as an extension on Chrome)is the culprit. I love this fresh and fun color scheme with this stamp set, Julia!

Bonnie said...

This background is just perfect for the window!

Wendy Coffman said...

The trees in the background are just lovely!

Kim M said...

This is incredible! Love it!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Julia! That sponged background is fabulous and I love that window die. :) Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards Julia! Love the beautiful blossom and elegant window frame!

Lori said...

Gorgeous! Love the sponged background behind the window frame.

lostinpaper said...

What a great challenge combo. Love the monochromatic colour scheme and that wonderful window!

landerson213 said...

Gorgeous! I love those masked trees behind the popped up window. Such an amazing card! :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Jayne said...

Beautiful background nicely done with the inks and great use of that window die, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us over at LRW this week.

Rosanne said...

Lovely cards, but of course my fav is the window Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Janelle said...

A totally awesome card. Well done! I love the simplicity of it.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I voted for you at Muse on Sunday ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the tree background paired with that die cut window :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Unknown said...

That sponged tree background is just STUNNING! Love this:) Thank you so much for playing my prompt at Jingle Belles! :)