Friday, October 11, 2013

You're SO Yummy!

I took the day off today to take my cats and myself to doctor appointments.  I was done by noon - and even though it was a gorgeous fall day here - instead of taking a walk - I walked right up to my craft room and got stamping!

I have 2 beautiful grandnephews and 1 grandniece (3 yrs, 2 yrs and 1 yr) whom I love dearly (and have featured often here on the old blog!) -  I also love to create cards and projects using photos of them.

So - today is James' turn -  he's almost 2 1/2 now - and he recently went apple picking with his mum and dad. The parents always take lots of photos and share them on Snapfish so we get to see what they are up to!  I used a photo of him enjoying the pickings.
My design was inspired by this week's Cas(e) this Sketch and Cas-ual Friday's challenge - in stitches

We've got a long weekend coming up with Columbus Day on Monday -  and mine is EXTRA long having taken today off as well - whoo hoo!

I'm going to make myself get out there and walk this weekend - and also start pruning the garden for winter before it gets too cold!

I have a really fun fall template project posting on Tuesday (10/15) for the October new release by Creations by AR -  hope you can stop by then!

And the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party is on 10/18 -  check out all the details here.

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Berries/Strawberry
Paper:  White, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy - PTI
Ink:  Archival Jet Black, Ranger Distress Weathered Wood
Accessories:  dies - stitched mats rectangles/Lil' Inker Designs, Word balloon/Jillian Vance Designs, Clouds/PTI, foam dots

10 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great idea to use a photo, I love it!! We went to the orchard a couple weeks ago and had enough for a ton of school snacks (they can only bring fruit for snack) and 4 pies. Heaven. Anyway, so glad to see you at CAS-ual Fridays!

Annette Allen said...

aww this is amazing.. i love this..such a sweet idea..

Sanketi said...

A lovely way to save those pictures, wonderful!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe Julia, what a sweet card! Great photo!

*Vicki* said...

Such a clever idea Julia!! ADORABLE! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Super photo - love the card with the "stitched" details!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love how you used the sketch to make a photo card!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jingle said...

This is so super adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Betty said...

Great idea to use a photo on your card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

donna mikasa said...

How awesome to use a sketch on your photo! Love the sentiment, too!