Saturday, October 24, 2015

Joy Love and Peace - Framed

I've got another Christmas card for the box today!   I used the wonderful deer stamp from the same stamp set I used on my last post - Rustic Christmas by Waltzingmouse.
I stamped the deer with Versamark Ink and embossed him with gold embossing powder - then fussy cut him out.  I made the frame by nesting two Stitched Edge Rectangles inside each other.  I cut it out of  Coredinations paper and layered it all over a piece of Barnwood patterned paper.
I'm linking my card to the following challenges:
Merry Monday - A Christmas card with a frame on it
Splitcoaststampers - Inspiration Challenge - be inspired by something on the Bohemian Etsy Shop
I was inspired by this charm:
 I hope you are all having a lovely weekend!
Stamps:  Rustic Christmas - Waltzingmouse
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Kraft, Rustic Cream, True Black - PTI,  Cordinations, DP Barnwood/Paper Pizazz
Accessories:  Stitched Edge Rectangle dies - Waltzingmouse, gold embossing powder, foam dots. heat tool.




14 comments:

Redanne said...

The embossing on the deer head looks amazing especially with the cream border around the edge and I love the wood paper in the background. I do LOVE that little deer ornament!! Hugs, Anne xx

Redanne said...

PS - I just had to go over and buy one of those fabulous deer ornaments - you are such an Enabler Julia!! x

Susan Powell said...

I love the rustic feel of your card and the pop of red with your frame is perfect! Thanks for playing along at Merry Monday.

~amy~ said...

Oh yea, this is gorgeous!!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful embossed deer head Julia!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Julia! So elegant! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lesley said...

Completely gorgeous, Julia! Love how you were inspired!! Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Words and Pictures said...

The stag looks even more magnificent with his gilded look! Great card.
Alison xx

Becca Cruger said...

Rustic and charming, Julia! Such a great take on the Merry Monday inspiration image!

Notes by Nina said...

Love this Julia, so rustic and wonderful. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Heather Hopson said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the rustic feel as well. A very manly card for sure.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Rustic and gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card.. love the image..

Deb said...

Wonderful card Julia, another fabulous stamp and you have showcased it beautifully! Deb xo