Friday, July 8, 2016

Birds and Nature Birthday

Today I have another card requested by the same friend I made a card for on Wednesday - scroll down or see hereThis card is for her mother -  who loves birds and nature.  
(I made this bird/nature project for her mother last Valentine's Day.)
I knew I wanted to use a recently purchased stamp set -  Spring Woods by PTI because of the lovely multi-stamp bird images - and it also has a coordinating Spring Woods Die Set.   I white embossed the sentiment from the Keep It Simple: Birthday II set onto black cardstock.  The background panel is embossed with Eileen Hull's Basket Weave embossing folder from Sizzix.
I love stamping images on the inside of special cards  - this sentiment is from Tucked In Birthday from PTI.

I'm linking my card to:
Seize the Birthday - Birds, Bees or Butterflies



Stamps:  Spring Woods, Keep It Simple: Birthday II Stamp Set, Tucked In - Birthday Stamp Set - PTI
Paper:  white, True Black - PTI
Ink:  Bright Buttercup, Smokey Shadow, Classic Kraft, Simple Chartreuse, Hibiscus Burst - PTI, Versamark
Accessories:  White embossing powder, heat tool, rhinestones - Kaiser Craft, foam dots, Basket Weave Embossing Folder - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Dies - Spring Woods - PTI

13 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful. I love the textured background and the bird on the branch is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Gorgeous! I really like the bird and flowers! And the sentiment on the inside it wonderful! Nice!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch! I love how you placed the branch....

Redanne said...

A really beautiful CAS card Julia, I love the basket weave folder you used and the bird stamp you used is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Julia! The embossed background looks spectacular and that bird is beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous...just gorgeous! Love your beautiful card!

Nancy Dynes said...

Your card is beautiful, Julia! The clean simplicity gives it an air of elegance. I love the sweet bird and the stamping on the inside of the card!
Hugs,
Nancy

Susan Powell said...

This is beautiful - simple yet elegant - I love how the black strip is not a solid piece and that you did the inside to match as well! The recipient is sure to love it!

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Julia. So much wonderful texture from your background. And so pretty with your bird and blooming branch images. The split sentiment banner is very creative and I like how it extends beyond the sides of the card front. And gorgeous inside of the card too. Very special card that your friend is going to love to give to her mom. xx

shirley-bee said...

This is wonderful, Julia! Love the clean design and the textural interest on the background. Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Patti said...

Super pretty!! I love that background EF you used!

Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday!

Patti

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! Love the texture on the background, too.

Deb said...

What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it! Deb xo