Friday, December 16, 2016

Dashing Snowman

I sent out all my Christmas cards and even sold some at a sale at my church - and I sold a few more at work -  and then I had none......  so, of course, I found I needed a few more!

I knew I could find some great inspiration from the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.
 My winter fun -  dashing through the snow -  was created using several dies
The tree and one horse open sleigh are both from PTI and the snowy fields were created with Stitched Landscape dies by Poppy Stamps.  I layered the sleigh over the white scene with foam dots and stamped the sentiment from PTI along the bottom.
I made a second card to send to my 6 year old grand nephew, Landon, whose kindergarten class has been making snowmen crafts this month.  
Here he is with two of his snowman crafts
This one is painted bottle caps.
and a foam ornament (love the hat on his friend!)
They also have a program where the student sends you a note and you send one back to him at school.  
So the winter fun on this card is building a snowman and will go to Landon!
Again, I used a lot of dies - the landscape dies again, a window die from Poppy Stamps, and the snowman, garland and wreath are from PTI.  I used another sentiment from the same PTI set as the sleigh card.  I removed the panes from the window die and added the garland along the top - popping the window up on foam dots.

I think I'd better make a few more Christmas cards - just in case!  They are predicting snow here tomorrow -  3" - 6" so I can stay inside nice and cozy and do some stamping!  What better way to spend a day??!!
Sleigh Card
Stamps:  In the Meadow - PTI
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Dies - In the Meadow, Tiny Town Holiday Yard - PTI, Stitched Landscape - Poppy Stamps, foam dots.
Snowman Card
Stamps:  In the Meadow, Winter Snow Globe - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Dies - Winter Snow Globe, Tiny Town Holiday Yard - PTI, Stitched Landscape, Small Madison Window - Poppy Stamps, foam dots.

11 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Love your die cut cards and pictures of the kids :-) TFS both Julia. Hugs, Nancy

Babs said...

Two amazing cards, love the silhouette sleigh and your pretty snow background, cute snowman card too..

Hugs Babs

Bonnie said...

This reminds me that I have the PTI die and I need to get it out and show it some love! The charming black and white card inspires me to do just that! Love the snowman card too! Looks like he's on his way to a happy home!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous cards love the dashing with the black and white have a great Christmas mf!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

How sweet!! I love the cards, and the idea that Landon will get a snowman card back from you just makes me giggle! The other kids will all be so envious!

laurie said...

Cute cards! Love the dashing in the snow...such fun dies!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love your clean & simple black & white cards, both so pretty! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us this week!

Mary Marsh said...

2 really pretty card Julia- the kids are growing up too fast- sweet photos- have a wonderful Christmas- loved your Christmas card btw

Loll said...

Two awesome cards Julia. Landon is going to be so excited to receive his special card. What fun his class must have had making those snowman ornaments ... they are super cute! Love your sleigh ride card too. Wonderful designs Julia! xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Adorable photos Julia! Your cards are spectacular! Love the winter wonderland scene and the adorable snowman!

Daria said...

I have the In the Meadow stamps and dies and still have not used them. Thank you for sharing your card. It's an inspiration for me. I love the way your cards turned out. The beautiful sleigh card and the cute snowman card.