Thursday, December 15, 2016

December CAS Mix Up Challenge - Mid Month Reminder

Here today to remind everyone there's still time to play in the December CAS Mix Up Challenge!  
For my card today, I stamped, sponged over stencils, added Wink of Stella for some shimmer and layered a die cut deer over my panel.
First I sponged over a Wendy Vecchi Check Mate Stencil with Watering Can Ink - keeping the ink lighter on the edges and not sponging the whole panel.
Then I sponged pine trees from the Wendy Vecchi Happy Holidays stencil over the background stenciling using 3 different Wendy Vecchi Archival inks, Cornflower Blue on the tree in the background, Fern Green on the big foreground tree and Leaf Green on the smaller foreground tree.
I die cut a deer  3 times and glued the three together to make it a thicker more sturdy animal, tied a piece of Tinsel String around his neck and layered him over the panel with foam dots 
(almost completely covering the little tree! but I felt that was the best place for him aesthetically!)
I brushed Clear Wink of Stella Glitter over the tree and snowflakes to give a little sparkle - it really shimmers IRL!
The sentiment, snowflakes  and deer are from In the Meadow by PTI.
Another card made for my Christmas stash - I have a box full now and better go count them to see if I have all I need to send out this year!  I'm so happy when I get them done before the holiday rush!

So please join us over at the December CAS Mix Up Challenge - you have until the end of the month to link up!  You'll find more sponging inspiration from the Design Team here.

Stamps:  In the Meadow - PTI
Paper:  white - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival Watering Can, Fern Green, Cornflower Blue and Leaf Green,  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  deer die - In the Meadow - PTI, Check Mate Stencil and Happy Holidays Stencil - Wendy Vecchi Studio 490/Stampers Anonymous, Tinsel String - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, foam dots, Clear Wink of Stella Brush.

10 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

What a gorgeous air-brushed look you've created here, Julia. I love the soft colour tones and smart, modern look - fabulous!
Alison x

nancy littrell said...

Your sponged stenciled background adds so much depth to your sponged trees. Love your added die cut stag. TFS Julia. Hugs, Nancy

Loll said...

Fantastic design Julia. Love the sponging over stencil for the background, giving an ombre effect with softening the colour as you move outwards. And I love the sponged and stenciled trees too. Having them in the different colours is so pretty and gives the illusion of depth. The die-cut reindeer is the perfect finishing touch ... so sweet. xx

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said...

What an awesome background, it gives this beautiful card so much dimension. And that cute reindeer with that tinsel string is the perfect finishing touch! Lovely card, HUGs xx

Bonnie said...

I love how that little tree peeks out around the awesome deer die cut, Julia! Love the sponging and more sponging! Thanks for sharing all your steps!

Samra said...

Gorgeous work Julia!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

That bg is fab for your wonderful deer! Love your stencil work!

Susan said...

Beautiful stencilled background and fabulous deer with lots of dimension - love his tinsel collar!

Daria said...

Very cool. I love the background!