Sunday, December 25, 2016

For unto us is born this day, a Savior

For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior which is Christ the Lord. Luke2:11
I love Christmas, the church Christmas that is -  and last night I served at our 4:30 pm service where the children participate in a Nativity pageant.   I am a life-long member of St. John's Episcopal Church in Saugus, baptized there, confirmed there, married there and my son was baptized there.  As soon as I was old enough I had a part in the Christmas pageant on Christmas Eve.  I was an angel for several years and finally got the part of Mary the last year I participated.
I wanted to share some photos of our beautiful church and the children in the pageant this year.
The doll that plays baby Jesus was mine when I was a little girl -  my father directed the pageants for many years and one year he 'borrowed' my doll and I never got her back!  
Today Kent and I are celebrating Christmas with our family -  my son, my two nieces, their spouses and children.  I'm so thankful to have family close by to celebrate with.  
This is our first Christmas without my sister Marcia - so she will be on our minds and in our hearts as we gather together.
Wishing everyone a most Blessed Christmas day!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

The perfect way to celebrate Christmas!

Kim Heggins said...

The perfect way to celebrate Christmas....love your sweet photos and your story! Merry Christmas to you and your family.