Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Time to Hit the Beach

Sounds inviting doesn't it?  Hitting the beach in the middle of winter when you live in New England?  A friend at work asked me if I could make a card for a physician that is moving to sunny California - and she wanted a card that suggested warmth.
 I used stamps from My Island by Claire Brennan for Gina K Designs.  I made my own 'sand' using a recipe from Tim Holtz -  mixing Clear UTEE, Antique Linen Embossing Powder, Black embossing powder, Antique Linen Glitter and Glossy Accents.
I made the card big, the card base is an 11" x 8 1/2" card stock folded in half - there will be a lot of people signing the card so they needed space!
Here's what I stamped on the inside of the card.

Stamps:  My Island - Gina K Designs, Say It Loud and Fancy Phrases - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Paper:  Rustic Cream, Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, Text Style Distressed Dots - PTI
Ink:  Classic Kraft, Hawaiian Shores, True Black
Accessories:  Sand made with: Clear UTEE, Antique Linen and Black embossing powder, Antique Linen Glitter, Glossy Accents, sequins.

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love how you made that sand! The recipient will be wowed by all that texture! Perfect for the occasion!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a wonderful card for all to sign! I wish WE were going to sunny climes as well! Hugs.

~amy~ said...

Perfect and yes, I'd take a tropical vaca right now :)

laurie said...

That does sound nice!The sand is awesome..cute card!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful CAS card that packs so much Wow into it! I'm sure this was well received by everyone that not only signed it, but by the recipient as well. It's great to see some artwork that's not dark and wintry! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What an awesome card! I love the color inside echoes the color on the front - and that you made it big for a lot of signatures! Perfect!
I remember that stamp set - I think I really missed out not getting that one!
Hugs!

Redanne said...

Oh I wish I was there right now, on that beautiful sandy beach.... the rain and cold here are not so inviting! It is a beautiful card and I love the arty way you place the sand! Hugs, Anne xx

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful...need to book a flight to Hawaii after seeing this! Love it.

Marlena M. said...

LOVE THIS~the sand is amazing!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, yes please... after all the cold, grey, foggy weather we've been having, I'd love to hit the beach... though I'd be sad to leave my Christmas tree! A great card, Julia.
Wishing you and yours a peaceful 2017.
Alison x

Kate said...

Love what you've done with this stamp set Julia. It's one of Claire's cleverest designs in my opinion. Your sand is amazing!!!