Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Vintage Journey - Destination Inspiration

I have a Destination Inspiration Post over at A Vintage Journey where we have to use the supplies in our travel bag.   The supplies this month are:
Product:  Acrylic Paint
Technique:  Layered Stencils
Color:  Turquoise and Teal
Substrate: Canvas
I hope you'll join me here at A Vintage Journey to see my tutorial on how I created this card.

I'm also linking my card to:
 Stamps and Stencils - Chirpy, Chirpy, Cheep Cheep
I used two stencils and a bird die

I used 3 tiny brown buttons
Paper:  White, Kraft - PTI, Manila Tag - Ranger, Sticky Back Canvas - Ranger
Ink:  Ranger Distress Cracked Pistachio, Ranger Distress Oxide Broken China and Vintage Photo.
Accessories:  Grid and Flower Stencils - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, White Acrylic Paint, Bird Branch Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, Idea-ology Clippings Stickers, black pearl - Kaiser Craft, tiny brown buttons from stash, foam tape.

11 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful card Julia, love the design and use of the DI travel bag contents xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a gorgeous springtime canvas over at AVJ, Julia - fantastic use of the travel bag contents.
Alison x

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, my talented friend!

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning!! I'd love for you to ink this gorgeous card up to the current Cropstop Challenge! (http://www.cropstop.com/blog/cards/march-challenge-link-party-26/)

Annie said...

Love this gorgeous canvas Julia TFS at AVJ

Hugs Annie x

sarascloset said...

Julia, I think I first saw this over at MMM, and instantly fell in love! I adore birds, and I love how you've finished yours! I'm giggling ever so slightly, because I just finished a DT project using a bird on a branch, but I love how your branch turned out so much better than mine! This is a gorgeous piece! I hope you are all hunkered down for your storm! We actually had snow yesterday here in sunny, hot Wilmington, NC! Hugs!

Susan said...

Julie, I love this. And I'm so grateful for your instructions over at A Vintage Journey. I'm trying to get better at layering stencils so your card is fabulous inspiration. Gorgeous colours and wonderful use of the bird die cut.

Redanne said...

Just one word from me today - STUNNING! Hugs, Anne xx

Loll said...

Beautiful. Enjoyed your tutorial, Julia. xx

toni said...

A fabulous card Julia! Love the bird on the branch sweeping across your gorgeous background. Thank you for joining our challenge over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card - love the birds and the background! So pretty! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!