Thursday, October 5, 2017

Eileen Hull Sizzix Die Fall-idays

This month Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team is making projects for Fall-idays -  creations using Eileen's Sizzix Dies with any holiday theme!

I used her Cup Cake Stand and turned it into a spooky apothecary table from a witches laboratory for Halloween!
 Here are the pieces of the Cup Cake Stand die that I cut out of Little Sizzles Black matboard (I didn't end up using the banner piece at the top there).  I also cut out a square of DP for the table top and 4 pieces of DP to cover the legs, front and back.  DP is from Tim Holtz Paper Stash Materialize.
Then I gathered items to put on the table knowing I wanted it to be for Halloween
Several things from Idea-ology - Skull, Adornment spider, Clipping Stickers/Halloween, and Pumpkin Pieces.  I also made a tiny Poisons in the Nature book using this sheet from Ever After Miniatures Etsy shop - you cut out the pieces, fold up the pages, glue, make the cover and adhere the pages in the cover. (you can see a tutorial of another book from another Etsy company that I made here)   I embossed a real fall leaf I picked up when I was taking a walk using Versamark ink and 2 Adirondack Embossing Powders - Cranberry and Tan.  I cut the raven using Tim's Movers and Shapers Mini Cat and Raven die.
I used a black Sharpie to color the white that showed up on the creases of the matboard.  I added and Idea-ology Apothecary Vial to the table filling it a third of the way with Tarnished Brass Distress Glitter.  Then I adhered some of the glitter to the table, the leaf, the pumpkin and the cork on the bottle.  I tied a spider to a piece of twine and knotted it around the bottle.
I added red Tiny Twinkles to the skulls eye sockets and orange ones for the ravens eyes (front and back).  The Miniature Poison Book is just placed on the table so it can be taken off and looked through!
I put Clipping Stickers/Halloween on each side of the table edge.

I love how this came out and think it will make a great Halloween decoration for table, window sill, desk or shelf!

Please check out Eileen's blog all month for more Fall-iday inspiration!

I'm linking my project to:
Country View Challenges - Autumnal Hues


Paper:  Little Sizzles Black Matboard - Sizzix, Paper Stash Materialize/Tim Holtz
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Eileen Hull Cup Cake Stand and Pennant Die - Sizzix, Mini Cat and Raven Movers and Shapers Die - Tim Holtz/Alterations, Ideaology Skulls, Clipping Stickers/Halloween, Apothecary Vials, Adornments Halloween (Spider), Pumpkin Pieces,  Miniature Poison in the Nature Book - Ever After Miniatures Etsy Shop, real leaf,  Tan and Cranberry Embossing Powders - Adirondack, twine, Tiny Twinkles - Taylored Expressions, Tarnished Brass Distress Glitter - Ranger, black Sharpie marker, Black Stabilo Pencil.

10 comments:

Redanne said...

Julia, this is my new favourite - I just love how you put this together, the TH elements work so well with Eileen's fabulous die. A spooky delight!! Hugs, Anne xx

sarascloset said...

Oh, my goodness, Julia! This is both spooky and adorable! What an amazing way to use the cupcake stand die! I love your minis! hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, fantastic - what an inspired use of the cake stand... and so many brilliant details - the glowing red eyes in the skull, the slightly decaying pumpkin... brilliant!
Alison x

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Julia! Not only have you done a fantastic table, but the Halloween decorations sitting on it are so clever! A wonderful Halloween decoration!

eileen hull said...

I love this whole vignette and especially that you used a real leaf!

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow Julia this is such a clever design and I love it.
Julie x

Loll said...

WOW ... this is so cool!! What a fantastic Halloween decoration. I bet you had a lot of fun making this! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Julia, I want this table at my house!! :-) This is so cool and intricate. It's amazing that you turned a "usually pretty" cup cake stand into this spooky apothecary table! Each item on the table is awesome, but I especially love the tiny book and the embossed real leaf! Hideko

reeree62 said...

Absolutely incredible!!! I'm honestly in awe. Beautiful work!

Where in Massachusetts are you, Julia? I'm in Middleboro, southeastern MA.

rachel said...

This is sooooo cool! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Coubtryview challenges this month and good luck. Hugs rachel xx