Saturday, November 11, 2017

A Tag for Christmas

I have a tag to share today that I made for 3 challenges!
The Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers is Balsam Hill this week and I was inspired by  this lovely table top tree.
  I created a Christmas tag with a wrinkled seam tape ribbon looped through the top that is long enough to tie around a bottle of bubbly if that's the gift I decide to put it on!
I stamped the tree (this set is on sale now!) in two greens (two stamps), then I silver embossed the garland and cranberry embossed the berry/ornaments. I embossed the urn in Ranger Pumice Stone Emb Powder and it really feels like stone when you touch it - Distress Emb Powder leaves a texture. 
I die cut my tag out of white card and patterned paper and adhered them together. I layered the Arch die cut over the tag and then layered the tree over the arch with foam dots. The sentiment is stamped on a piece left from the arch die cut that I cut the tip off of!
I'm also linking my tag to Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas challenge going on now through Nov 17th.  She's got prizes to be won so check it out and link up your mixed media tag soon!


And linking just under the wire to:

Stamps:Water Color Trees - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:white - PTI, Mixed Media Paper - Ranger, DP Tidings Paper Stash - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology
Ink:Ranger Distress Pine Needles, Mowed Lawn, Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke, Versamark, Archival Jet Black
Accessories: Small Gothic Arch Die - Poppy Stamps, Tag Sale #2 die - PTI, silver embossing powder - PTI, Cranberry Emb Powder - Adirondack, Pumice Stone Distress Emb Powder - Ranger, foam dots, wrinkled seam tape

10 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous Julia, love your arched window and wonderful tree (so tempting as it's on sale)

Loll said...

Wonderful design Julia! This has a vintage-y feel with the tree in the stone urn (need to check out that embossing powder!). So pretty on top of the arched window and stamped background. Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

Nstiz said...

What an outstanding design! This is one of those tags that makes me feel like I want to reach out and touch it with all the wonderful texture. The background window is the perfect setting for your tree.

Susan Joyce said...

Such a pretty tag, love the cathedral window. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

Susan said...

Great stamp layering on the tree! Love the way the embossing powder you used on the ornaments matches your ribbon so perfectly! And the background of patterned paper and arch die cut are perfect.

Words and Pictures said...

That's lovely - I've been wondering whether I "need" those tree stamps - they're looking pretty tempting here.
Alison x

Kelly Lunceford said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us this week!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful mixed media tag and color combinations with your wonderful die cuts. TFS Julia. Hugs

Bonnie said...

A wonderful tag to show the window of the inspiration photo and that little tree is beautiful!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely tag Julia. The treee is so pretty and I really like the arch die-cut behind it. Happy Thanksgiving!