Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Bridge Fold Thank You

Splitcoaststampers had a fun Technique Challenge on Monday -  how to make a Bridge Fold Card.
I made two:
One for my niece Christie
and one for my niece Katie, to thank them both for their thoughtful Christmas gifts.
  The front piece is only attached to the left and right panels so it forms a 'bridge' in front of the card.
I cut panels out of patterned paper slightly smaller than each panel of the card.
I used the On the Edge Thank You Die from Simon Says Stamp but added a strip of black behind the letters as they showed up better here.  I added some  real sequins over the printed ones.
They fold flat for mailing  as shown below and fit into a regular size A2 envelope.
(This is also how you fold it to attach the bridge piece - attaching only on the left and right corners.)
A simple to make card that looks very elaborate!

You'll find a YouTube video of how to make it here
 
Sabrina gave us slightly different cutting instructions that makes the bridge piece a bit longer. Either way will work.  On the video, the woman put patterned paper strips over her bridge strip, I put my bridge strip over the patterned paper.


Cut an 8"x 4 1/4" piece for the card base.
Score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2" and 6 3/4" along the 8" side.
Fan fold on score lines
cut a piece 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" for the bridge piece.

here is Sabrina's lovely card

Here are metric measurements from Sabrina
cut your card base 10.5 cm high by 20cm wide.
Score at 2.5 cm, 5 cm, 15 cm and 17.5 cm.
Cut the long strip 3 cm high by 15 cm long.
Cut your matting layers accordingly. 

I think I'll be making this fun Bridge Fold again!



Stamps: Sending a Big Thank You - PTI (exclusive stamp won for spending way to much money at PTI one year!, Scripture - Print Works
Paper:   white, Shakers and Sprinkles Patterned Paper Collection - PTI
Ink:  Hero Hues Black
Accessories: Sequins - Avery Elle, On the Edge Thank You Die - Simon Says Stamp  

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

These are very pretty, Julia, Jo x

Redanne said...

I watched the Splitcoaststampers video, what a great card design! I love how you did yours Julia, the strip across the bottom of your beautiful cards really makes the sentiment pop... Wishing you all the very best for the New Year! Hugs, Anne xx

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Julia! Love all the beautiful colors and various shapes!

Christine Alexander said...

fun card with the pretty DP :)

Susan said...

Love those fun happy colours! Great job on the bridge card technique!

nancy littrell said...

TFS your bridge fold card design, Julia. I am sure your niece's will love their cards from their favorite auntie:-) Hugs..

Bonnie said...

A fun folded card, Julia! I'm folding challenged but maybe could do this!