Sunday, April 15, 2018

Mid Month CAS Mix Up Card Challenge Reminder - Rubber Band Technique

If you live in the USA - I hope you have gotten your taxes in!!
I'm also here to remind you there is still time to link up your card for the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge (much more fun than filing your tax return - right??!!)  
I'm the challenge host this month - and we are using the Rubber Band Technique, stamping and your choice.
 
Here is my reminder card.  
I used the Rubber Stamping Technique, stamping and stenciling for my card design.
I wrapped different widths of rubber bands around 3 different blocks for this card, just 2-3 bands on each block.  I inked the bands on one of the blocks with Wendy Vecchi Archival Fern Green ink and stamped it on an angle onto the white card panel.  Then I did the same with two other wrapped blocks using Archival Pink Peony Ink  and Archival Buttercup Ink, changing the angle each time to create a plaid-like pattern.

I stamped the banner image from AALL & Create Set #23 designed by Bipasha Bk in Hero Arts Black and then the sentiment from Birthday Basics by PTI below the banner.

I stenciled a strip on another panel of white card using a mini layering stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.  First I sponged over the stencil with Pink Peony ink, shifted the stencil just a tad to the right and then sponged with Fern Green to give the stenciling some depth.  Then I adhered the Rubber Band panel over the stenciling with foam dots and layered it all to a white card base.

I hope you'll join me for this CAS Mix Up Card Challenge and show us how you use the Rubber Stamp Technique!  You'll find links to YouTube videos using rubber bands and lots of samples from the Design Team over at the blog.

You have until 4/24 to link up your Rubber Band Technique CAS cards over at CAS Mix Up!

I'm also linking my card to:
The Card Concept - Mine is clean and layered
inspired by the colors

Seize the Birthday



Stamps:  Set #23 - AALL & Create, Birthday Basics - PTI
Ink:  Wendy Vecchi Archival inks Pink Peony, Buttercup, Fern Green, Hero Arts Black.
Paper:  White - PTI
Accessories:  acrylic stamping blocks, assorted width rubber bands, foam dots.

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So artsy and so unique. Great use of the fun technique and love the colours you've used on your fabulous card. Thank you for the fun challenge Julia, the gallery is looking terrific x

Loll said...

Cool design Julia!! Love how you've carried the colours through from the background stenciling to the rubber band impressions. Awesome!! Thanks for hosting and coming up with such a fun technique to play with this month!! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fresh and unique idea to combine rubber band stamping and stenciling, Julia! It's a cool design and the colors are springy! Thanks so much for hosting such a fun challenge this month! Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

This has been such a fun challenge, Julia! Your rubber band stamping using the different colors and angles is amazing! Love the stenciled background picking up those colors too! I think we'll be seeing rubber band techniques for a good while. They're easy and fun!

Christine Alexander said...

such a fun background with your stenciling, stamping and rubberband printing :)

Jo said...

Great graffiti style on this card, love it, perfect for the rubber band technique. I truly had fun discovering this new way of stamping, (new to me ;-)) thanks so much for sharing. xx

Trina P. said...

Fun party card, Julia! The rubber bands look like streamers. Great colours that would work for a masculine card. x

Susan said...

Such a great artsy card - quite a funky design! Love the colours you used!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Julia! I think I better follow you around to study new and wonderful techniques. Gorgeous! Love the look the rubber band block gives, both colorful rich for your silhouette elements. Looks like fun, too! So glad you played along at the Card Concept!

shirley-bee said...

Great card, Julia! I love the colour combo you've used. Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Cathy said...

Great card Julia, love your design and artsy look, Cathy x